Birth Pool in a Box - MINI Size - with one liner
with Internal Seat and Cup Holder
- Three independent wall chambers for increased safety and adjustable height
- Patented form-fitting disposable liners
- Made without phthalates, which have been linked to fertility problems, and is free from lead and cadmium. Better for the environment, better for you and your baby.
- Includes disposable liner for enhanced safety. Midwives advise that a new liner for the birth is a necessity from a hygiene perspective, and are a must when mothers want to be able to do trial-runs before the birth. One disposable liner is included with each pool and additional liners are available. Using a liner also means two "containers" for the water, giving added protection against the unlikely event of a water leak.
- Deep enough to give buoyancy without compromising midwife support - the minimum recommended depth of water to provide buoyancy for a mother in labor is 21". Birth-Pool-in-a-Box has an internal depth of 26" and since the sides are stiff when inflated, you can fill water to a depth of 23".
- Three independent chambers for improved safety The sides of Birth-Pool-in-a-Box are made of 3 independent tubular chambers stacked on top of each other. If one of them should puncture by accident, only 1/3 of the wall height will be lost. This is safer for mother and baby and results in little to no water on your floor than a puncture into a single-chambered inflatable pool.
- Comfortable and welcoming This doesn't look like a medical device! It is welcoming and the inflated sides are comfortable to rest upon. This helps you relax, which will enhance the production of the hormone oxytocin, speeding up your labor.
- Adjustable Height By deflating the middle chamber to the appropriate height once a woman is in the filled pool, the height of the pool can be adjusted for safe and comfortable access to the woman by her caregivers. Not every woman needs 28" high sides. Smaller woman or smaller midwives may find that by lowering the sides of the pool by several inches, they feel more comfortable. By adjusting this on the middle chamber, the rigidity and stability of the pool are maintained by the fully inflated top and bottom chamber.
- Double-reinforced handles Mothers requested strong handles on the outside of the pool for use when leaning on the side facing out. They are angled at 30 degrees for comfort and secure the form-fitted disposable liner in place. Sturdy enough for birth partner and midwives to support from any position.
- Once the pool is filled, the sides are sturdy enough for a 210 lb (95.5kg) person to sit on the side without collapsing it. There is also plenty of room in the Regular pool for the partner to join the mother.
- Approximate filling time - 40 minutes to 3 hours (depending on your water pressure and the size of your hot water tank.)
- Approximate time to inflate - 15-25 minutes
- Proven in the field
- Every one factory-tested Every single pool is inflated and left for 24 hours before testing and packing. That means structural integrity you can depend on.
ShippingHow many days until I receive my shipment?
Every product in our eStore is In-stock. We ship within 24 hours after your order is placed, many times on the same day. We offer both FedEx and US Postal Service shipping options. When you place your order, you are given many options to suit your particular situation.
FedEx Ground tends to be the most economical for larger packages and takes roughly 5 working days to cross the country. Depending on where you’re located, your package may arrive sooner. Here is FedEx Ground Map that estimates ship time from Port Hadlock, Washington. USPS Priority Mail takes 2-3 Days and is economical for small shipments like one or two liners or DVDs.
In calculating travel time, please note that FedEx does not count shipment day as a travel day. For instance, if your package is estimated to take 5 days to reach you and ships on a Wed, it will arrive on the following Wed. FedEx Business Ground does not deliver on Saturday. FedEx Home Ground does deliver on Saturday. However, they do not deliver on Monday.
US Postal Service does deliver on Saturday (in most areas) and counts Saturday as a shipping day.
USPS Parcel Post takes 6-10 days within the Continental US. Hawaii can take 3-8 weeks via Parcel Post. Apparently, it goes on a very slow barge! So plan accordingly.
Do you ship to Canada?
Yes, we ship to Canada. If you want to see your shipping options, enter your order with your name and address, and then before you pay, you will see all your shipping options. You can reset your order at any time. A purchase with Waterbirth Solutions is payment for PRODUCT and SHIPPING.
CANADIAN TAXES and CUSTOMS FEES There are multiple taxes due throughout Canada. Waterbirth Solutions is not responsible for any duty or taxes collected by the Canadian Government. If you choose FedEx Ground to Canada, they will collect duty or taxes at the time of delivery. Please read here for more information on TAXES and CUSTOMS FEES.
CANADIAN DUTY Due to NAFTA, products made in the USA and CANADA are exempt from Duty Taxes. As of 2010, 6.5% Duty was charged on all items made in countries other than the USA and CANADA. Please check with the Border Agency for current Duty charges.
All of our Pools and Custom Fit Liners are made in China. Our Disposable Liners are made in the USA, so they are exempt from Duty. Most of the items in our Kits are also made in China.
ReturnsWe recommend you set-up your birth pool when you first receive it to ensure it is working properly. We recommend you allow the birth pool to acclimate to room temperature for 72 hours (especially if it just came off a delivery truck in the middle of winter!) After it acclimates, inflate all chambers and allow it to sit overnight. It should hold air and be firm in the morning. In the unlikely event of a manufacturer’s defect, please contact us promptly via firstname.lastname@example.org or at (877) 811-0238, so we can resolve the issue immediately.
Please ensure there is enough shipping time before your due date. We are not responsible if you place an order, receive it promptly, and you’re unable to use it.
Birth is an uncontrollable event, and we’d like to provide for some flexibility. If you receive your order but cannot use it for medical reasons and it is completely unopened (still sealed), we will give you a refund of less than a 20% re-stocking fee once you ship the order back to us. The cost of shipping is your responsibility.
Birth Supplies, DVDs, Books, and Opened Birth Pools are non-refundable unless defective.
If you order a pool and change your mind once you’ve received it, we will give you an in-store credit to purchase the pool you desire. Only unopened pools can be returned.
Any questions, please give us a call at (877) 811-0238.